Goat intestines spicy curry
The goat intestines spicy curry is the most scrumptious dish people of Hunza cook on the day of Youshayassheyas.
Youshayas Sheyas is a custom of slaughtering an animal in the month of November. The word Youshayass refers to the animal and sheyas refers to the custom of slaughtering an animal.
In Hunza, we especially raise animals for Youshayas which we then slaughtered in November each year. We store the meat and use it in the winter season for making curries and soups.
we do not store the assorted meat and we cook it on the day when we butcher an animal. Most people do not like assorted meat especially the tripes and intestines for the odor and the tiresome cleaning process but they taste amazing.
There are two methods we use to cook goat intestines, the recipe mentioned below is the most common recipe but there is another special recipe of tripe and intestines which is commonly known as Bilinisho.
Goat intestines spicy curry ingredients
Ginger & Garlic Paste
Home dried chili powder
Salt to taste
- Saute’ the onions
- When the onions turn brown then add ginger and garlic paste.
- Add clean intestine and fry them till they develop a brown color.
- Add Chopped tomatoes, salt, and chili powder to it.
- Cook the mixture for few minutes and let the water released from the tomatoes dries out.
- If you want to speed up the process, transfer the mixture to a pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to submerge the mixture and cook it for almost 10 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped chili and coriander.
- Serve this deliciously yummy dish with Hunza flatbread (Khamali) or traditional sourdough flatbread, Bagoundo.
Hunza traditional soup recipe
Traditional Hunza soup is made with homemade noodles and is locally known as Chapchy dowdo. It is the most special soup made during winters in Hunza. Chap refers to the meat which includes mutton or beef but never chicken. Traditionally this soup is served in a wooden bowl with a wooden spoon.
Hunza Style Quesadilla recipe
Hunza-style quesadilla recipe is a traditional dish recipe locally famous as Burus Sapik, where Burus isRead More