Brinjal Curry Recipe
Brinjal is an easy-to-make vegetable that is also known as eggplant and baingan in Urdu. Here I will share a simple and quick brinjal curry recipe. It is a spicy baingan recipe that comes out to be a delicious meal. You can make a salad with eggplants and one of my favorite recipes including the Korean eggplant side dish.
For this recipe, I am using dark purple eggplants which are readily available with Pakistani vegetable vendors.
I am using half kgs of dark purple fleshy eggplants and it serves 4 people.
Brinjal Curry Recipe Ingredients:
Onion 1 Lager
Cooking oil 4tbsp.
Turmeric 1 tsp.
Salt per taste
Water 1/4 cup
Coriander few sprigs
Green Chilies 2
1.Cut 1/2kg of dark purple fleshy eggplants lengthwise
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and thinly slice 1 large onion
3. Chop the green chilies and coriander for garnish
4. Add 4 tablespoons of cooking oil into a pan. when the oil becomes hot add one sliced onion
5. When onion turns golden brown, add tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder, red chilies, and salt
6. Mix all the ingredients and then add 1/4 cup of water, cover the lid and let it cook till oil starts to separate and water dries out.
7. Add brinjal and mix to coat the onion tomatoes and spices mix well and cover the lid
8. On low flames let the mixture combine well. The eggplants will release water and will cook in the same water.
9. When the oil starts separating from the mixture then add chopped coriander green chilies and turn off the heat.
This brinjal curry recipe is the spicy version of brinjal curry and spices you can always adjust the spices according to taste. We usually serve this brinjal curry with is served Tandoori naan, roti, or rice.
Shuwanchal is a vegetable that is grown in Hunza and around Gilgit Baltistan from springRead More
Dried Mustard Greens Recipe
People in the regions with extreme weather conditions grow food abundantly in summer season andRead More